Friday, November 3, 2017

Cathe Friedrich: Gym Style Legs (Review)

Now that I've done a month of Gym Style workouts, I can share with you my opinions of these workouts - such great additions to your workout library!


Slowly, it's becoming apparent to me - now that I'm doing more weights - that strength work can also be a cardio workout when it raises your heart rate.  And nothing raises my heart rate more than leg work.  

Gym Style Legs is a tough workout.  Cathe enjoys working the lower body hard - she excels at it, in fact!  After about a five minute warm-up, you are quickly ushered into the standing, weighted work.  Squats, lunges, deadlifts, and calf raises - all in various forms and tempo.  After that, I would breathe a sigh of relief to get to the floor work - which was crazy intense in itself.  Glute squeezes, roll outs, glute tucks, thigh squeezes and lifts....  On and on.  

The leg presses and low lunges really got to me.  I could barely get through the lunges.  In fact, I had to alternate legs, while Cathe stayed on one, just to be able to do it at all.

This workout lasts for 67 minutes and you'll need a variety of equipment: weights, barbell (I used weights instead), risers, stability ball, and band.

Bottom Line: This workout is very intense and is guaranteed to show you results.

No comments: