Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sybella Update

Yesterday morning, I was 90% convinced that Sybella has feline asthma. I found videos on YouTube showing cats coughing - cats who had asthma. They looked just like my Sybella.

However, I went home and an amazing thing happened: she didn't cough last night or this morning. Usually she coughs at least once or twice during that time. And I'm not talking a little cough; she crouches down, sticks out her neck and coughs for at least thirty seconds. That may not sound like long but, trust me, it is.

So now I have hope. I'm praying like crazy that she was allergic to the litter I was using before. I changed it out Tuesday night for The World's Best Cat Litter which is supposed to be one of the best litters for allergy-ridden cats. It is made of corn and is 99% dust-free. So far, so good! In fact, I think she's only coughed once since I changed it out - and that was a little cough. I'm almost too scared to hope she may be ok, especially after Louis' chronic problems.

Sybella and I are bonding as well. She hasn't really had any interest in being on my lap but last night I put her there and gave her ten minutes of chin scratching, which she loves. After that, she stayed put and took a bath.

This morning she did not awaken me with clawing. Instead, she came up and laid by my side, again taking a short bath. It was cute, especially when I couldn't get out of bed because she wouldn't move!

That's progress! I think we'll get along pretty good!

No comments: