Thursday, May 29, 2008

Knitting with Sybella

I went to my LYS yesterday to sign up for a Beginning Lace class where I will, once again, make a triangular shawl. What I'm excited about, however, is that I'll finally learn how to read those lace charts that I always skip over. Yes!

So I signed up and browsed the store for a good thirty minutes, trying to find the required DK or fingering weight yarn. I wish we could use lace weight but the teacher wants us to start with something that will knit up quicker - and I have no objection to that. So I browsed....and browsed. I can never find anything in this store and now I know why. I don't go into a yarn store thinking, I need red yarn. I go in, wanting to find something that feels wonderful. Therefore, you can see my problem when I enter a store that is organized almost entirely by color. I can't find anything! Plus, since the shawl requires 700-1000 yards, nothing I found was cheap. Arrrg!

I got a little knitting done on Tuesday night. I worked on the Ripple Blanket until Sybella drove me crazy with her whining. Seriously, that cat wants to play 24/7! It's non-stop! Yesterday, as I sat working on the computer, she started whining in the living room. I came out and she was in the process of dragging her favorite toy into the study! And then, as I was trying to sleep last night, she did it again! I called her and she came into the bedroom, jumped up on the bed, and began her nightly self-cleaning ritual. Thankfully, I was able to sleep after all that.

Maybe, even though she's fixed, she still has hormones each month and these cause her to get antsy. That's my only guess. I never had this type of problem with Louis.

No comments: