Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finished SOCKS!!!


Pattern: Generic No-Frills Sock Recipe by Judy Passman and edited by Linda Lucente
Yarn: J. Knits Super Wash Me Sock
Color: Mesa
Needles: US 2 dbl pts
CO: 60 stitches

Honestly, I cannot believe that they're finally done! Just as I took the picture of them, I realized that one (on the right) is redder than the other. Both came from the same skein but were started at opposite ends. Oh, well, I'm not complaining. They fit and that's a miracle, in my book!

I did the German Toe to finish them and, though this is much easier than the dreaded Kitchener Stitch, I absolutely hate p3tog - ering on small, double-pointed needles. The last four rows or so were torturous but (sigh), now they're done and I cannot wait - believe it or not - to start my next pair. I've already measured my mom's feet so I can get started whenever the mood strikes!

In the end, it only took me nine months to complete these. I was fearing it was closer to a year!

No comments: