Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Baking Inspiration!

First off, a happy, happy birthday to my husband today! He's brought so much joy to my life and I'm so blessed to have found him!

Mr. Higgins' mother is a fabulous cook/baker. I've been looking forward to another Christmas at her house since Jan. 2 of this year! She's inspired me to think outside of my limited baking box which is a lot of fun.

Recently, she forwarded me a link to a baking blog. Oh my goodness! That opened a can of worms! Now I'm obsessed with cooking/baking blogs!! And I really want to do more cooking/baking!! Trying to narrow it down to just one thing to bake is difficult....but not really.

There was a restaurant - a girlie lunch place - that my mom and I frequented in East Texas when I lived there. They had the best zucchini muffins! I'd look forward to that more than anything there! I tried a zucchini bread at the time, trying to replicate the goodness....and it was a failure. The recipe was low-fat....and awful.

Now, armed with a new food processor (wedding gifts are wonderful!), I'm ready to try again. A normal, fatty zucchini bread recipe, that is! I'll let you know how it goes tonight.

I'll probably spend every free moment today browsing food blogs. And, like yesterday, I'll be starving all day long!

No comments: