Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Serenade of the Seas


This was my fourth cruise and the first time to sail on a Royal Caribbean ship in a class other than Voyager. This is a class of ship that is one step smaller than Voyager class - Radiance class. She is named Serenade of the Seas.


Ironically, our next two cruises will be on Radiance class ships.


I thought I would notice a difference between classes of ships - that I could tell it was significantly smaller. I could tell but I mostly noticed other things. Like how much more elegant this ship seemed with more wood paneling and graceful lines. The Centrum - above - was the heart of the ship.


The Solarium (the adult pool) is really cool on Serenade. It has a retractable glass roof - convenient since this ship used to go to Alaska. The Solarium is like an oasis - very nice!


One of the biggest differences between the classes of ships is that Radiance class ships have outside dining. Awesome! We spent a lot of time out here, watching the ports come and go.


The only real place this ship felt smaller was on the pool deck. Having only one pool here - usually overly crowded - made the space feel a lot smaller. The ship itself seemed much skinnier.

But, overall, Serenade was a very elegant ship. I'm glad I'll get to sail on two more ships in her class in the coming year or so.

No comments: