Friday, July 25, 2008

Sock Happiness!

Last night, I finally got some pictures taken in order to update my Ravelry profile. Yes, it's now up to date, even my stash! I was at a loss - and had little patience - when it came to my socks so this is not the best pic....


But it'll have to do. I have horrible lighting and so I always get frustrated with these pictures. But you get the point. The colors knit up so beautifully - I love it! This yarn is J. Knits and the colorway is called Mesa. Yum!

I must say that this sock venture has really opened my eyes. About a year ago, I tried to start a project but gave it up when I got frustrated trying to pick up stitches. Well, for this sock, I picked up stitches and it was a breeze! I was dancing in my chair during the class (on Wednesday), I was so excited! Half of the ease had to do with the technique used to make the stitches easier to spot and, therefore, pick-up.

Do you know what I'm itching to try now? A log cabin blanket! But I have so many projects in the works as it is.... Sigh. It'll just have to wait. I need to finish these socks before I forget everything Linda said! I have a short-term memory, you know.

Ok, it's Friday. I'm happy.

2 comments:

the secret knitter said...

Nice work. One of these days I'll finish a pair of socks.

Mischief Maker said...

My friend does a lot of knitting, patchwork, scrab booking, works full time and has a child still under 1. She also reads a lot. She said the way to fit it all in is to set aside a night for each thing you have on the go. It helps her get through it all. I am yet to try.