Saturday, August 9, 2008

Market Bag, Vol. 3

Just a quick Saturday post - unusual, I know - to let you know that I've figured out the Market Bag!

Remember that yarn over that I tried taking out? Well, that did it. In fact, that yarn over is nowhere on the pattern. Linda told me to yarn over after every row. I read the pattern, like a good little knitter, and did not see a yarn over after the even rows. She insisted that I do it.

Yesterday, I called her and she asked if I was only doing the yarn over after the odd rows. I wanted to scream. This, after she insisted I do it after every row. I know people make mistakes but it was really frustrating!

When I tried to take the yarn over out earlier, my knitting was probably so screwed up that it couldn't help. Well, last night, as I watched the Opening Ceremony of the Olympics, I started over - again. And the third time's the charm! It worked! There's actually a pattern happening - like there's supposed to be! All is right and I'm delighted.

Sybella and I are settling into my parent's empty house. They are off frolicking on an island (ew) for their thirtieth wedding anniversary. So, it's me, Sybella, and a really big, empty house. More on that Monday.

Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

the secret knitter said...

Yeah, it's amazing what you learn when you read the pattern closely. I found out the same thing. Enjoy the time away.

Mischief Maker said...

Congrats on getting it right. By the way, it is probably better for you that your parents have gone away to celebrate rather than stay at home! :)