Monday, August 18, 2008

Market Bag, Vol. 4

Significant progress is being made on the Market Bag after the Saturday class. The bottom looks a lot better than I thought it would...


The mesh part is easy, but I know I've made some mistakes. The k2tog, yo sequence can be a bit of a pain when starting a new round.


The class was fun and Linda showed us - and made us practice - a three needle bind-off. It was so easy! And it looks so cool! I'll definitely be substituting that for any "grafting" I see in the future. Grafting just sounds like a four-letter word!

I didn't get as much done on the bag as I would have liked, but I'm not complaining. After the class on Saturday, I got to meet up with my best friend, SK, and we actually went swimming. I haven't swam all summer! Then we had an awesome dinner. So that was fun. I was so tired when I finally got home, but I managed one box before turning in.

And yesterday was spent packing. By mid-afternoon, my back hurt from bending over boxes! The good news is that I have 97% of my books in boxes and all of them are on LibraryThing. The only ones that are un-boxed are pesky cookbooks and knitting books. I guess the knitting books can go in a box with yarn, eh? I pulled out my stash and realized that only half of it is up on the Ravelry. Eek! Given the move, I don't know when I'll have time to take photos, but whatever.

The move is really beginning to stress me out and I'm worried about Sybella. A cat-lover, rescue lady I met not long ago said that moving is the most stressful thing you can put a cat through. Sybella looked a little disconcerted at the growing number of boxes yesterday, but I don't know what to do. I can't - and I wouldn't want to - board her for two weeks! I guess we'll both be stressed out together!

1 comment:

Mischief Maker said...

My friends have moved four times with their cat and they have had no issues. Some say it is a matter of leaving the cat inside for a couple of days to make them realise this is their home, and some say that is not required. Sybella is going to love the country. Cats seem to love boxes so if you aren't already doing it, let her play with them or include them in your play. That way she will get used to it. My dogs get concerned as soon as I start packing my suitcase because they know it means I might be gone anywhere from a couple of days to a few weeks. Just keep praying and believing that God will be there for you. He always is even if he doesn't seem to be. Trust me on that one. Hind sight is a good thing.