Monday, September 22, 2008

Herb Garden

Ever since I knew that I was moving home, I've been hoping to plant some herbs. The conundrum of inding a location for an actual herb garden ended when we decided to plant them in the fall. They will reside in our enclosed porch ("screened-in" porch sounds too hick and rickety for the room my parents just finished).

There's a fabulous gardening store only two miles from us. People come from around the entire area just to walk around their serene gardens. They are a bit more expensive but for smaller plants, we like to go there. You can't, after all, give Wal-Mart that kind of business!


I purchased (from top right): sweet basil, catnip (for Sybella), (chocolate) mint, thyme, lavender, oregano, cilantro/coriander.


Finding pots to fit on my mom's plant stand was another matter entirely and one that was, unfortunately, resolved at Wal-Mart, after three other stops. So, there was not much selection for the square pots; they're not my favorite.


Mom decided to buy a big rosemary plant, which is beautiful! She got this ugly pot for free and then realized there are no holes in the bottom. So, we'll have to get a better pot.

That's what went on this weekend. I finished unpacking my craft table (woohoo!) and even got to see my niece and nephew for a while. Not bad for two days!

No comments: