Tuesday, March 30, 2010

How the Mighty Have Fallen

The Pope is not exactly making a lot of friends lately. He tends to handle every precarious situation in the worst possible way.

He has yet to win me over and, given recent events, he never will. I realize, more than most, the huge shoes he has to fill. Anyone coming into that position would have a difficult time of it after John Paul II. Considering Benedict is the polar opposite of JPII, it should have been known that this would not be an easy transition.

But some things are inexcusable. And God's vicar on earth should know that. Changes must be made if the Church is going to survive in its present form. This is now undeniable. Read this excellent editorial and you'll see why.

Left unchecked, I fear Benedict will bring the Church to the edge of extinction. (I really wish I were joking but I'm actually not.) And I'm not the only one who thinks this!

No comments: