Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pumpkin Recipes!

I've been a little obsessed with baking lately. Specifically, baking with pumpkin.

Over the weekend, I tried these Pumpkin Scones...and they were delicious. Very moist and just a little sweet. I even substituted some Splenda for the sugar! The powdered sugar in both the glaze and icing really put me off. After the glaze, I tried a scone and found it to be quite perfect...so I left off the icing. Saving calories is always good, in my opinion.

I had pumpkin leftover after the scones....and a party at work.... So I made these Pumpkin Cookies for my co-workers to enjoy. They were pretty tasty! I left off the icing on some of the cookies and they're good, too! Actually, the icing combined with the spices in the cookies made me crave gingerbread cookies. So good!

There's sure to be more baking with the holidays coming up and I can't wait!!

No comments: