Monday, December 19, 2011

Cookies and Kittehs


Because Christmas trees are fun and kittehs are cute, I offer you the photo above for your morning amusement. (That's Dooku under the treeskirt.)

Over the weekend, I went out my parents' house for some baking with my mom. I always love baking with her; we inevitably have tons of fun.....and make yummy cookies. Every year we make gingerbread and sugar cookies. I love gingerbread - especially our gingerbread (which is actually Betty Crocker's gingerbread). We found out early on that the key to these cookies is the molasses. It can't be full flavor or else all the ginger-y goodness is covered up by the taste of molasses. So, we use Brer Rabbit Mild Molasses. The cookies come out great - better than any I've found in stores.

Less than a week until Christmas! I can't believe it!

2 comments:

lizmiller said...

I can't believe the cat is UNDER the Christmas skirt, lol!!! My cats like to lay on the skirt. I don't know what is so special about the skirt....

Doniamarie said...

Ever since that first day, Dooku has stayed on top of the tree skirt...so I'm really glad I got the pics of him underneath it! Cats are too funny!