Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Yarn Store

Recently, I was puzzled when a Groupon arrived in my inbox for MadTosh Crafts.  Obviously, being a knitter, I know all the yarn stores (well, the one) in town, as well as those that have closed (two).  

Turns out, MadTosh was opened in April by the lady who does Madelinetosh yarn - one of my favorite sock yarns!  The store comprises tons of Madelinetosh in various weights, which is great.  Our other store, JenningsStreet Yarns, usually has only a few skeins of Madelinetosh.  The store also has some higher end brands which makes me so happy, particularly Blue Sky Alpacas, Debbie Bliss, and Manos del Uruguay.  I haven't had these brands close by since I lived in Michigan.  So, this is very exciting!

The store itself is beautiful.  The yarn is organized by weight, which is fantastic.  They have some wonderful patterns that are organized in a way that is not overwhelming and jumbled.  And they have fabric!  If I quilted, I would be super excited....but I don't quilt.  

So, basically, I'm ecstatic to have another yarn store in town!

No comments: