Thursday, May 14, 2009

Ballband Dishcloth


Pattern: Ballband Dishcloth from Maxon-Dixon Knitting by Gardner and Shayne
Yarn: Plymouth Yarn Fantasy Naturale Multi (pink, 9991) and Lily Sugar n' Cream Solid (cream, 0003)
Needle: US 7
Made for: my mom
Time to completion: 11 days

I usually don't make a big deal out of my knitted dishcloths as they usually aren't complicated or noteworthy. (Hence why you've never seen them here or on Ravelry.) But I've been wanting to try the Ballband for so long.... And I finally got around to it the other night.

This is, however, a good example of why one should have an abundant stash of yarn on hand. My mom had actually bought this pink yarn in Longview, when we went to check out a yarn store five months ago. But I needed another color when I decided to finally use the pink the other night. This cream was the only complimentary color in my stash. The pink has a strand of both blue and light yellow and this cream, I thought, would work with the yellow. Cream is not a good color for a dishcloth, light colors in general are not good as far as staining goes, but I guess that only means I'll have to make some more!

But first, I must add to the stash! Fun!

On the last row of pink, I somehow counted incorrectly (blame it on the Mavs' elimination game last night) so it's a bit off. I didn't have the patience or the motivation to redo it because most people won't notice this minor fallacy. Sometimes, you just have to let it be.

No comments: