Thursday, July 16, 2009

Bella Italia!


Unlike Texas, which is now drying up and browning in the 100-degree heat, Italy is blossoming with all kinds of beautiful foliage. I thought I'd show you some of the beautiful plants and flowers I saw. Above: there were grapes - grapes!! - growing amidst the ruins at Ostia Antica! Crazy!


We saw some fragrant lavender at the fortress in Spoleto, to which all the butterflies were attracted!


Unless I'm completely wrong, these were cherries growing at the theatre in Spoleto - just too cool!


And oleander! I'd never seen oleander but there was tons of it in Itlay - in all kinds of shades and colors. So beautiful!


I can't remember what this was, growing over a shop on a busy Assisi street, but it was charming. There were so many beautiful plants overflowing from pots in Assisi, decorating windows and entries. I wish more Americans took the time to beautify their house. It makes for a charming street!

As my pics are drawing to a close, I'll have one last post tomorrow - of cats! I hope this one will make you laugh.

No comments: