Friday, January 7, 2011

Overwhelmed

Monday will kick off a new semester and, considering the changes that will happen in my life during that time, I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or take a nap. Actually, I think I need to do all three!

By the end of the semester I'll be married. My boss will be within weeks of official retirement. In every aspect, my life is going to be turned upside down. I'm thrilled about it; really, I'm more excited than I can possibly convey here. But I also feel ill equipped for it all.

Wedding details are already nagging at me, threatening to drive me insane. I'm going to have to turn 75% of this stuff over to my mom.

Then there are the logistics of setting up a home with Mr. Higgins.

The next four months are going to be the most exciting months of my life. I just hope I can savor the details, the little things, without getting overwhelmed by the big picture.

No comments: