Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm Baaaaack!

I'm back!!

Sorry for the disappearance but it's been a crazy month. The short version of what happened is this... Knowing how horrible the housing market is, Mr. Higgins put his house up for sale in the late summer, in anticipation of us getting our own place sometime around the wedding. On Christmas Eve, after months and months of waiting and fretting, he got two offers on his house. He closed on it Thursday. That meant we had to find a house! We did and we've spent the last two weeks getting him out of his house and getting my stuff our of storage.

So, there you go. The short version. Neither of us want to live together but neither of us want our new home to become his place. So, the next few months - three before the wedding - will be a balancing act for me between our home and the house I'm taking care of.

We're taking our time settling in and are trying to enjoy the process. We don't want to move again for a very long time! So that means I have plenty of time to decorate! And, knowing me, I'm going to need every minute of that time!

Wedding planning is also coming to a head, with details needing to be ironed out ASAP. It's a busy time but I'm trying to savor it all!

No comments: