Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stray Cats

So, I'm a sucker for cats. If you're a frequent reader, I imagine you already know this.

There are tons of stray cats around my house and a new one showed up last week. She looks a lot like my cat except that she's all black. Someone dumped her because, unlike other strays, she always wants to be rubbed and petted. She literally purrs whenever she sees me!

When the weathermen started talking about the arctic blast we're currently experiencing, I got concerned. Where will the kitties go in sub-freezing temperatures? On Sunday night, I got Sybella's carrier and took the door off. I stuffed some towels inside and put it outside, by the front door. It warmed my heart so much to see the pretty black cat go inside it and curl up. She's stayed in or around it ever since.

I have no idea why anyone would dump such a sweet cat. I can't give her a home but hopefully someone will.

1 comment:

Mischief Maker said...

Poor things. How could anyone dump such a lovely cat. How could anyone dump any animal. There is no humanity in the people who do that.