Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday Cruise


I'm off this evening on a flight to Florida. From there, I'll board the ship above with Mr. Higgins, my parents, and his parents on a Caribbean cruise to celebrate my mother's sixtieth birthday.

She's been wanting to do a cruise ever since she heard me go on and on about the one Mr. Higgins and I did in 2010. Mr. Higgins and I found a good itinerary out of Florida (most of the good, exotic cruises leave from San Juan) and my dad agreed to finance the trip...though he's a little unsure of the whole cruising thing. Ha!

It's going to be an adventure. Mainly, surviving an eight-day cruise with my father. We'll see how it goes. I'm determined to have fun, though, and the timing is perfect: both my mom and I have had very stressful months at work. We need warm Caribbean breezes, girlie drinks with umbrellas, and pristine beaches.

See you in ten days or so!

No comments: