Thursday, March 8, 2018

The Alice Network

Over vacation, I read a wonderful novel entitled The Alice Network, by Kate Quinn.

My Goodreads review:

I get a bit tired of WWII novels but when I learned that one of my favorite authors, Kate Quinn, was writing a book that took place in WWI and the aftermath of WWII, I couldn't resist. Quinn writes wonderful novels about ancient Rome and now she's successfully transitioned to writing about the 20th century.

The Alice Network is about female spies in WWI. While I was hesitant to like the two main characters, they quickly gained my interest and, quickly, my respect as strong, independent women. Their stories and those of the ones they loved, are fascinating. Quinn does excellent research to blend fiction and real heroines of WWI. I learned quite a bit from this novel - and thoroughly enjoyed the process.

No comments: