Monday, March 19, 2018

Metabolic Rotation: Week 2

I'm already super happy with this rotation.  Having so many new workouts to choose from with Cathe Live is so much fun!  And the ones I've already done - mostly early last year - I can't remember!  

So, motivation is not  a problem!  There will, however, be two days of bad meals this week.  But it's Spring Break - for everyone else - so we're seeing some friends we don't normally see much during the school year.  Life happens.

Monday: Cathe's Quick Fix Kickboxing... + YWA

And on the subject of not remembering.... I did this workout a year ago and liked it.  Today, I wasn't a fan.  This was more of a plain cardio workout instead of a kickboxing workout. There were no punch/kick combinations!  I wanted kickboxing!  Instead, I got cardio.  And my feet, for the first time in ages, were beginning to feel unhappy due to all this jumping lately.  Hm.  After work, this YWA was perfect - challenging and refreshing!

Tuesday: Cathe's RWH: Upper Body Circuit + walk + YWA


Another new workout!  I'm slowly getting around the doing bits of RWH and am really liking it, the more I do.  This was the upper body metabolic workout and it's really good!  You do compound exercises, focusing on the upper body, with cardio blasts interspersed throughout.  It was different and fun!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center, trying to find some energy after a second night of not sleeping well.  This YWA helped with my shoulder, back pain from all these weights!

Wednesday: Cathe's Lean Lower Body + walk

Legs day!  And, thankfully, I felt great after some good sleep!  This workout was rather painful - but in a productive way!  There was no step, which was a minor blessing, but it still kicked my butt.  Ha!  Gotta love Cathe and her crazy hard leg workouts!  But if it gets me her legs, then it's worth it!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and then did some ab work....and really stretched out my legs.  

Thursday: Dozois' PeakFit: Dynamic Flexibility

I love rest days!  And I love spending them with Michelle Dozois!  Dynamic Flexibility is such a fun and unique workout....I always look forward to it!  I felt stretched and refreshed after it ended this morning, which is a great way to start the day!  I was all about to do yoga after work but then I had a rare opportunity to spend time with Mr. Higgins outside - and I did.  So nice!

Friday: Cathe's PHA Training Live


Another new-to-me workout - and a new format: peripheral heart action training.  Cathe's definition: "you alternate between upper and lower body resistance training exercises, allowing as little rest as possible between each movement. The lack of rest and recovery keeps your heart rate up, for cardiovascular and fat-burning benefits, while switching between upper and lower body exercises, maximizes blood flow to all parts of your body and reduces build-up of lactic acid." It was a good total body workout and my heart rate stayed high - though not as high as it does with leg-centric workouts.

Saturday: Cathe's RWH: Low Impact HIIT + YWA

I had a rough night, filled with painful stomach issues.  My joy that today's workout was low impact was enormous.  I started with the second HIIT and did it in it's entirety - it uses a weight for almost every exercise, which ups the intensity.  Then, I finished off the morning with most of the first HIIT - going until I'd done 45 minutes of work.  Whew!  It was intense but fun; I always enjoy Cathe's low impact work!  After that, I stretched and then tuned into this new YWA - nice!

Sunday:  Cathe's Sweat, Jump, and Pump + XTrain: Core 2

Today, Cathe kicked my butt.  She calls Sweat, Jump, and Pump, "random" training because there is no rhyme or reason to when you do cardio versus weights.  Your body has no idea what to expect, making the workout especially metabolic.  I liked it - it went by fast - but I was struggling at times.  Whew!  I didn't do the ab work at the end; instead, I added on some light cardio to cool down.  So, 50 minutes of hard work.  Then, this core workout kicked by bum, too!  Dang!  I was so happy to stretch, finally!

Calorie Counts:

I had about 3 really good days.  The rest weren't great.  It was Spring Break week - not that I had a break from anything - but it meant a few more meals out for birthdays and fun.  As a result, I stayed away from the scale.  Ha!

No comments: