Monday, February 11, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 6

Three more weeks to go!  

I was really happy with the scale late last week - one pound down!  This weight is not coming off as fast as I'd like, but I'll take what I can get.

Monday: Cathe's HIIT 40/20 + cardio

Today, I wanted to work off some of my bad eating over the weekend.  So, I tuned into a great workout - Cathe's HIIT video.  I did all of the 40/20 HIIT - which was harder than I remembered - and still had time to kill.  So I put together some of Cathe's new LITE workout Calorie Crush segments.  Those were intense and kept my heart rate up!  Whew!  Finally, after that, a stretch.

Tuesday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Chest, Shoulders, Triceps  + walk 

I'm doing extra upper body work this week.  I'm actually itching to do more upper body strength work so I may make an XTrain rotation for the summer.  I lifted as heavy as I could in this workout - and it made me sore!!  Nice!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get some steps - and did some abs.  I meant to do a YWA - but traffic threw me a curve ball, doubling my commute time.  So, I was too tired and angry for yoga.  

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain: Legs + walk + YWA

Leg day!  This is not my favorite workout but I decided to go with it this morning for a change.  Some of it really, really hurts - and I like that in a crazy sort of way.  At the end of it, my legs were part jelly.  At lunch, I walked again - and did some more abs.  And after work, YWA!  Finally!  This one was from TRUE, last year's 30-day yoga journey.  It felt good to stretch and flow.

Thursday: YWA + RWH Core 1

I finally got to do the last YWA: Dedicate today!  Yay!  Yoga is such a lovely way to start the day - and today's flow was especially nice.  I added on some leg stretches, since I was feeling yesterday's workout.  After work, it was time for some abs.  This one got me a bit hot and sweaty - and it's only 10 minutes long.

Friday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Back, Biceps, and Shoulders 

My upper body work on Tuesday was very effective - it left me sore for a few days. So, I was actually happy to do more weights - to get the other muscles aching.  Ha!  This workout is really good and I enjoyed it this morning.  My back and biceps worked super hard!  Dang!  I had to skip just a bit of the shoulder work due to time constraints.

Saturday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Strength + Nordin's Butt Bible 2

This morning was rough - I had gotten very little sleep and was dragging.  But I managed 25 minutes of this CS before I had to move on to the very painful Butt Bible.  I love Michelle so at least that made the CS go quickly.  But my butt was not very happy with Pauline this morning.  Level 2 lasts for 30 minutes.  Ouch!  After that, I made sure to stretch really, really well.

Sunday: Cathe's X10 + RWH Core 2

I did X10 a few weeks ago, so I chose different segments to do this morning - low impact, Hi/Lo, and Fat Burning.  X10 is one of Cathe's most advanced cardio workouts.  It gets me - really gets me - every time.  I used heavier weights than usual for the weighted portions and that kept my heart rate pretty high.  Whew!  After that 45 minutes, I did the second RWH ab workout.  That was is tough!  Finally, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1198
Tuesday - 1185
Wednesday - 1187
Thursday - 1149
Friday - 1346
Saturday - 1206
Sunday - 1210

I'm finally seeing the scale move.  I won't get down as far as I want to before the trip, but at least I'm making progress.  

No comments: