Monday, February 4, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 5

A month until we leave for the cruise.  It's getting closer and I have pounds to lose.

Though I've really enjoyed YWA's Dedicate this month, I'll be glad to have the flexibility of doing YWA when I can, instead of every day.  My commute - and other factors - have added to my stress lately.  And having something else that I have to do does not help.

Monday: Cathe's XTrain: SuperCuts + YWA

I'm switching things up a bit this week, due to a short trip to see my family this weekend.  SuperCuts is not my favorite workout but it's different and different is sometimes good. It's definitely metabolic and my heart rate attested to that.  Still a day ahead - because of issues later in the week - this YWA was a great way to end a Monday.  It was soft and easy and just what my body needed.

Tuesday: Cathe's BodyBlast Series: Legs and Glutes + walk + YWA

This leg workout is no joke.  I couldn't do it all, because I don't have enough time in the mornings.  But even doing 40 minutes was painful!  There are a lot of pulsing moves and then quite a bit of floorwork.  Ouch!  At lunch, I walked and stretched the legs really well.  And after work, ahead still, I did tomorrow's YWA.  So, so nice!  This one had a really nice flow!

Wednesday: Kelly Coffey-Meyers' 30 Minutes to Fitness: Muscle Definition (#1) + walk

I'm still trying to like KCM's workouts so I decided to give this one a try.  It's still not my favorite.  I like that she has some non-Cathe moves but I feel like she doens't work all the muscles in a balanced way.  So, I went off script a bit in order to get all those muscles worked properly this morning.  I also skipped the leg work since my legs have done enough.  At lunch, I walked outside.  I was so sick of the rec center, I needed a break.

Thursday: REST

I was not feeling well today so I did no exercise.  Crazy - but needed.

Friday: Cathe's To the Max

This was a great cardio morning.  This is one of my favorite cardio workouts from Cathe.  There isn't much dread factor....but then, once you get started, you realize that it's not going to be easy.  Ha!  I worked hard this morning and got a great workout.  No other workouts happened.  I still need to do the last YWA: Dedicate...but will wait until I have more time.  I don't want to rush through it.

Saturday: Cathe's Cross Train Lower Body Live + Icy Core 1 + Nordin's Butt Bible 1

Today was a full day - and then I had to go out of town for the night.  I knew I was going to be eating less healthily so I did a lot to compensate.  Cross Train lasted for 45 minutes - and I was tired afterward.  But I tuned into Cathe's Icy Core and then Nordin's Butt Bible.  Thankfully, the first Butt Bible is shorter, only 20 minutes.  But.....ouch!

Sunday: Dozois' Peak Fit Pure Cardio + Icy Core 2

Cardio time.  I wanted steady state cardio so I turned to my first love, Michelle Dozois.  I love this workout and was happy to do it on a weekend so that I could get through the entire thing.  It was fun - and not easy.  After that and a stretch, I tuned into Cathe for some abs. Whew!  No pain, no gain, right?

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1195
Tuesday - 1185
Wednesday - 1399
Thursday -  1186
Friday - 1195
Saturday - 1527
Sunday - BAD

I weighed on Saturday morning and was down a pound.  Yes!  Progress!  But then I was bad over the weekend, when celebrating my mom's birthday.  


No comments: