Monday, January 28, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 4

Week four....and we're about five weeks until I'm in a bikini again! Eeek!

Monday: Cathe's Cardio Fusion + YWA

I first did Cardio Fusion in October and really enjoyed it, I think.  Honestly, I don't remember; but I did enjoy it today!  This is mostly steady cardio, which is always a nice change with Cathe.  It was a bit of a challenge on my sore feet (from a weekend of cardio) but I stuck with it and got through it.  I even added on about 5-7 minutes of my own work to make it an even 45 minutes.  After that, this YWA was really good.  Dedicate is turning out to be a very special series.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Ramped Up Upper Body + walk + YWA

Ramped Up Upper Body is one of my favorite upper body workouts from Cathe.  Why?  Because it's succinct and tough, if you use challenging weight, as I do.  Cathe hits every muscle - and you feel it.  At lunch, I walked and was amazed at how sore my upper body was, already.  And after work, I switched out the Dedicate videos and did Wednesday's today. It was heavy on abs so I worked!

Wednesday: Cathe's Oh My Quad + walk + YWA

Considering I really hurt my left quad on Saturday, I was dreading this leg day.  My quad was better today - maybe 85% - but it definitely let me know if was tired throughout this workout.  As a result, I went lighter on the weights - and still got a great workout.  At lunch, I walked and stretched the legs really well.  I'm getting tired of their soreness!  And after work, this YWA, which I intentionally wanted to do today, instead of yesterday, was wonderful.

Thursday: YWA + YWA + YWA 

Are you laughing at my workouts today?  Ha!  I am.  It was my rest day, as usual, so I went to do today's YWA: Dedicate, which was lovely.  But I had time to kill so I went ahead and did Saturday's....  And that was also lovely.  Then, at the end of the work day, I tackled Friday's Balance practice.  I love doing YWA every single day, but sometimes, life gets in the way.....  So I took preemptive measures!

Friday: Cathe's ICE Total Body Compound Live


This was my second time to do this workout.  I was really looking forward to it and it wasn't quite what I remembered.  It was good but I must have remembered something else.  Cathe leads you through compound moves that keep your heart rate relatively high.  I was out of breath, which was good!  No YWA today, as expected.

Saturday: Cathe's STS Plyo Legs + YWA

Second leg workout of the week, done!  This one was good - but it seemed to take forever.  So many breaks between each exercise meant it seemed to drag today, for some reason.  I did 45 minutes and the stretched really well.  This YWA is meant for Sunday but I downloaded it early and did it today.  It was very nice!

Sunday:  Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: Cardio Slam + abs + YWA

Cardio time!  I really enjoy Cardio Slam...but I forgot how intense it is in the beginning!  Whew!  My heart rate skyrocketed to 180 and stayed there for the first few exercises!  Wow!  After that 45 minutes, I did Cathe's new LITE series ab workout - well, one of the two.  It didn't kill me, so that's saying something.  I was amazed.  Finally, after that, a stretch and Monday's YWA.  I was so tired.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1673
Tuesday - 1186
Wednesday - 1174
Thursday - 1184
Friday - 1247
Saturday - 1199
Sunday - 1561

I'm finally losing some pounds, about 4/10 of a pound at a time.  The salads I ate for dinner every day this week seemed to help.  So - more salads next week!

No comments: