Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 9

Holiday weeks are always difficult but the most difficult one is always Christmas.  Though I have the week off between Christmas and New Year's, we're always either traveling or hosting.  

I missed three days this week.  I was hoping to miss only two days but after all of our guests left on Wednesday, I was exhausted.  

Monday - Wednesday: REST

Eating way too much and being lazy....but it was Christmas, after all!

Thursday: Cathe's Cardio Core Blast

This was a great way (ahem!) to get back to the workouts.  I'd done this one once before and it's definitely good.  You do three moves - one with the loop, one with no equipment, one with the ball.  Repeat those and then do a core move.  The jumping really got my heart rate up and I was happy it did.  I did some of my own cardio to get a full 60 minutes of work in.  Then, a good stretch.  

Friday: Cathe's Rapid Fire Legs and Core

On a week when I knew I wouldn't get tons of weight work in, I decided to do more legs than arms.  This leg workout was good for this week as it didn't have a step.  Lots and lots of squats and lunges...but all on the ground, thank goodness!  I liked the fire walker loop sections that were interspersed (three times) throughout.  And the abs really got to me, though they were short.  This lasted for 45 minutes and, though I wanted to do more, I was done.  Done.

Saturday: Cathe's High Intensity Aerobic Weight Training with Step

This workout was a mouthful.  Ha!  It's a few years old but still good.  You do a cardio move and then 3-4 weighted moves for a total of 7 circuits.  I liked that the cardio wasn't too intense - as my feet still hurt from Thursday's workout.  The weights were good - my arms definitely got a good workout.  I added on some of my own cardio to get an hours worth of work done.  And it felt good - not too intense, but just right.  After all that, a nice stretch.

Sunday: Cathe's Metabolic Meltdown

This workout was unique and very, very good.  All of the moves in this video were compound, fast moving, and, therefore, metabolic.  There was one jumping move in the whole thing - and I didn't even jump it.  My heart rate stayed sky high and it was awesome.  I added on a bit to get in 45 minutes or so of cardio.....and then I did the abs.  Whew!  What a great workout!  

Calorie Counts:

No earthly idea.

No comments: