Monday, December 24, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 8

This week will be tough.  Like everyone else, I have so much to do before Christmas!

The goal is to get all my workouts done Monday through Friday.  After that, I'll miss some days to holiday prep and the actual holiday.  


Monday: Cathe's Total Body Giant Sets 2 + walk

An upper body workout just wasn't going to happen this week.  So I chose to do this workout, working a bit of everything.  I did some lower body but did ALL the upper body circuits.  And ouch!  They were definitely effective.  I even added on some push-ups because I felt Cathe neglected - slightly - the chest.  At lunch, I walked at the rec in order to get enough steps.  But then I was walking all around campus and ended up with over 16,000 steps at the end of the day.  Whew!

Tuesday: Cathe's Cardio Boxing


This workout has two names - the one above and Cardio Boxing and Metabolic Conditioning.  It took me a while to find it on the Cathe Live site.  But it was a great workout.  About 30 minutes are filled with boxing and cardio blasts (influenced by boxing/kickboxing) and then there's a bit of metabolic at the end. I didn't get too much of that done, but I liked this workout.  You jumped just enough to get your heart rate up! And even that made my feet hurt.  Ugh!

Wednesday: Cathe's Lower Body Boot Camp + walk


Wow.  This workout caught me off guard because it was tough.  I started with heavy weights but quickly went down in weight because  my legs were hurting and my heart rate was super, super high.  And, it never went down!  I burned more calories in this workout than in any other workout this week.  Dang!  At lunch, I walked at the rec and stretched my poor, tired legs.

Thursday: Cathe's Total Body Blast with Step

I liked the concept of this workout but, in person, it wasn't my favorite.  You do one or two cardio exercises and then 2-3 weighted moves.  Nothing got my heart rate super high - but I was actually okay with that.  I should have gone heavier in my weights so I must remember that next time.  As it was, my legs and bum were super sore from yesterday's workout.

Friday: Dozois' Peak 10 More Cardio Strength

Ugh.  I love Michelle but I hate this workout.  So why I chose to do it at 5:30 is beyond me. But I did it - all but one circuit.  I modified a few of the moves on the floor - because I was super tired.  But I did most of everything else and got a great workout.  I thought it would be my last workout before the holiday so I wanted to go out with a bang.  And I did - albeit a tired bang!

Saturday: Cathe's Smokin' Upper Body

After a morning of grocery shopping and house cleaning, I managed to get this workout done, miraculously, around 2pm.  I was pretty tired and my back was aching from mopping....but I took some joy - amazingly - in working hard with Cathe today.  I know I won't work out for the next three days, so I tried to enjoy it...and ignore how much my belly was jiggling.  Ha!  Oy.  So, 45 minutes of the workout and then a stretch.

Sunday: REST

Calorie Counts:

Calories don't count at Christmas, right?

No comments: