Thursday, December 6, 2018

An Echo in the Bone

I finally finished the seventh Outlander installment, An Echo in the Bone!  It is unbelievable to me that I have read seven of Diana Gabaldon's novels.  Seven!?!  And there are still more in the series, and more to come!  Craziness!

This book took me five months to read.  That is partly because my knitting has taken over my free time and partly because this book didn't grab as some of the others have.  


My Goodreads review:


This seventh installment was not my favorite.  The entire book exuded a feeling of unsettledness.  While that may have been the author's intent, it didn't sit well with me.  The trip back to Scotland seemed a little far-fetched, as did Jamie's fate on the way back to America.  Sure, that could have happened but, really, how much can happen to one man? 

I still love these characters and find it reassuring to see how they continue to grow together.  The presence of John Grey is always welcome but I find it harder to care about some of the newly introduced side characters. 


I still can't wait to read the next installment!

No comments: