Monday, December 10, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 6

This week is going to be disrupted by our annual December trip to a wintry (usually Colorado) place (not Colorado this year).  It'll be our first trip together, just the two of us, in quite some time.  I'm excited!

But first I have to get through the majority of the week - and try to be healthy.  YWA probably won't happen much this week due to having way too much to accomplish in my few evening hours.


Monday: Cathe's Buff Upper Body + walk

This was my second time through this workout and I really do enjoy it.  Cathe hits two muscle groups at a time, usually, in a set, which you then repeat a few times.  It really burns out your muscles - but in a good way!  I lifted as heavy as I could!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and planked.  Thankfully, the students are beginning to abandon their workout schedules and the building wasn't nearly as busy.  It's the little things.

Tuesday: Cathe's Athletic Conditioning

A new Cathe workout today!  In this video, Cathe starts with the step - for about 15 minutes of cardio.  You then move into strength work, alternating upper and lower body.  My heart rate definitely went up in the step work and in some of the compound exercises later on.  While I liked parts of this workout, it wasn't my favorite.  Perhaps it was because my arms were sore from yesterday!

Wednesday: Cathe's Rock Bottoms and Core + walk

Leg day!  This was my second time doing this workout and I can honestly say that I love it!  Cathe targets your bum quite effectively without a step, which is great!  I went up in weights this time - to 12s - and really felt it at times.  But, Cathe doesn't go crazy heavy on weights anyway. You do a lot with discs and even do some floorwork.  At lunch, I walked in order to get steps - and did my sit-ups.

Thursday: Cathe's Fit Body Boot Camp


This week, I've awoken with a headache every morning.  It's exhausting.  And very, very frustrating.  This makes any workout that involves jumping very painful.  This morning, I gritted my teeth and got through the jumping, knowing that those moves were in the minority.  And I got a good workout!  This is a good boot camp - cardio, lower, upper, compound.... The format shifts around some but the idea stays the same.  I sweated and had fun, when I could forget about my head.

Friday - Sunday: REST


Vacation to the mountains.

Calorie Counts:

I ate healthily this week, up until we left, because I knew the diet would be put on hold while were gone. 

No comments: