Monday, December 3, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 5

The week after Thanksgiving - heck, the weeks after - and before Christmas are just awful.  There are treats and cookies everywhere....  The diet will suffer - there is no doubt.

All I can do is work out and make smart eating decisions when there are smart ones to be had.  

Monday: Cathe's Upper Body with Core Express + walk + YWA


Since my sore, sore legs kept me up half the night, I was so thankful that today was an upper body day.  And this was a great workout - fast, efficient, and a bit painful.  Ha!  I went as heavy as I could and often had to go a bit lighter on the subsequent reps.  I stopped before the ab work and did some upper body band work instead.   At lunch, I walked and stretched out my legs.  And after work, this YWA was a great way to stretch and get the blood pumping in my legs once more.

Tuesday: Cathe's Boot Camp with Step + YWA


This morning, my legs were still killing me, but I powered through this workout.  Sure, my squats and lunges weren't very deep but I did the best I could.  And I worked hard.  I'd done this boot camp a few months ago and it's pretty good, but not great.  My heart rate doesn't get very high, but stays in a mediocre range.  At lunch, I took a bit of a walk to meet a friend.  And at the end of the day, after a horrid drive home, this YWA helped to calm me.

Wednesday: Cathe's Muscle Max Live + walk

I don't think I ever did Cathe's DVD version of Muscle Max...  But I really enjoyed the live version!  Cathe took you through a triset for legs and then you moved on to upper body - and then back to lower and then upper again.  I had to skip  a bit of the leg portions to fit in all the upper body muscle groups.  But this one was fun!  At lunch, I walked at the rec and did my sit-ups.  Fun.

Thursday: YWA

Thursday rest days are the best.  Truly.  I'm usually worn down by then and these get me through the pesky day that is not-quite-Friday.  In the last few months, I haven't kept up with Adriene's new YWA releases so it was fun to do a new one today!  These practices are always such a great way to start the day and this one was no different.

Friday: Cathe's Cross Train Lower Body Live 


I had really been looking forward to trying this workout, which contains both cardio and strength - and a bit of barre - for the lower body.  Unfortunately, Dooku started throwing up in the middle of it so I didn't even get to the barre section.  Ugh!  I'll have to try to get to it this weekend.  But the rest was great - and I went light on the few weighted sections because my legs are still sore.  Still!  So this was a good choice as it wasn't 100% strength.  I'll have to come back to it sometime!

Saturday:  Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn + abs


Knowing I was going to blow my diet later in the day really helped fuel this workout.  I did it all!  This is the first time I've gotten through an entire CIB in a very long time.  It felt great!  This isn't the toughest CIB because Michelle never takes you to the ground - but the peaks are definitely tough and I felt them.  After that 55 minutes, I did 5 minutes of abs (Cathe) and then stretched.  A great day!

Sunday: Cathe's Body Works + barre + abs

I was looking forward to this workout that I last did in September.  Cathe leads you through two cardio moves and then 2-3 strength moves.  Repeat for about 5 circuits, I think.  The cardio is tough.  The strength uses weights and the band, which I love.  After that 45 minutes, I finished out Friday's workout, doing the full barre segment.  That was great - and painful.  Then, five minutes of abs and a stretch.  Loving this weekend of workouts!

Calorie Counts:

Newp.

No comments: