Thursday, November 29, 2018

Lunch in Paris

During vacation, I read Death Comes to Pemberley and Lunch in Paris, by Elizabeth Bard.  I very much enjoyed the other (second) book by Bard and this one did not disappoint.

My Goodreads review:

Having accidentally read the second of Elizabeth Bard's memoirs first (Picnic in Provence), I knew how her story began. But this was a delightful read. I never knew I would enjoy memoirs but Bard kept me constantly entertained. 

No subject is off-limits and it's refreshing to hear of Elizabeth and Gwendal's professional struggles. It's also enlightening to learn more about real French society - instead of the romanticized version so many have. 

Of course, I want to try all of the recipes in this book and wish cooking was as effortless as Bard makes it seem. I also wish Americans enjoyed their food more, like the French. To savor a meal, instead of inhaling it.... I know many people, myself included, who could benefit from practicing this.

No comments: