Monday, November 26, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 4

A holiday week!  And I'm so excited for Thanksgiving this year - and for the time away from work.  I really need quality time with family.

At the start of this week, I had no idea how my workouts would work.  We would just play it by ear...

Monday: Cathe's Upper Body Challenge with Ball + walk + YWA

This was a good upper body workout - though I did have to fast-forward bits in order to fit in all the muscle groups.  I was able to do some of the band work, which I like.  For some reason, those band exercises get me in ways that weights do not.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and planked.  Every minute being active this week is a good, good thing!  And after work, this YWA was a bit too short - so I did some of my own salutations afterward.

Tuesday: Cathe's Long and Strong Legs + walk

Another older Cathe workout - and this one is unique!  There is no class in this video, just Cathe. She led a great workout, though, and my legs were burning!  I skipped a bit of the weighted work in order to do more barre at the end.  And I loved that!  Barre works those muscles in very different ways and I wish I did it more often.  At lunch, I walked - in a near deserted rec center - and did sit-ups.  A good day!

Wednesday:  Cathe's Kickboxing and Compound Weights


This was a fun workout.  I did all of the kickboxing and a bit of the weights before I had to quit.  The kickboxing was fun, though I wish there had been more kicking and less heavy bag work.  My heart rate stayed pretty high and I felt like I got a good workout.  I went light for the weighted work since my muscles were tired.  After work, we headed out of town for the holiday so no additional workouts.

Thursday: REST

Happy Thanksgiving!

Friday: walk

We were still out of town this day.  It was a family day so I only took 30 minutes, first thing in the morning, to walk outside.  I walked very briskly, since it was cold and then stretched.  Still, I managed to hurt my shins.  WTH?!

Saturday: Cathe's ICE Total Body Compound Live + Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Strength Remix

Today, back from the holiday away, I wanted to do my scheduled workout from Friday....and Saturday.  So, I did 25 minutes of Cathe's ICE live workout - all weighted compound exercises...and then 20 minutes of Michelle's CS.  It was a good combination and I felt thoroughly worked out.  I had to go a bit lighter with weights - because I felt a bit out of it.  After a good stretch, I was done and ready to work on Christmas decorations!

Sunday:  Cathe's Boxing with Leg Blasts Live + abs

My legs were aching - throbbing - from yesterday's workout as I attempted today's torture session. Thankfully, the boxing required little legs - but more than I thought.  This one was very similar to the boxing in Wednesday's workout.  But it was still fun.  After 35 minutes, Cathe went into leg blasts - cardio leg move, weighted leg move, repeat, repeat.  That was painful.  After 10 minutes of that, I quit to do some ab work and stretch.  The rest of the day was painful, thanks to all this leg torture.  

Calorie Counts:

No.  No, no, no....


No comments: