Monday, November 12, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 2

Amazingly, I woke up feeling so much better on Monday.  And that was an immense relief after not one, but two illnesses last week.  Yes!

So I felt like I could actually tackle this week....  So let's go!


Monday: Cathe's Barbell Upper Body Live + walk + YWA


And here I went, off and running, to do weights and then......the video stopped after 15 minutes and would not come back.  I tried everything - and yes, the internet was fine.  So, then I did my own weights - and got a really good workout!  I threw in some band exercises because those really get me.  And I hit every muscle group multiple times.  At lunch, I went to the rec center, so happy to not feel like death-becomes-her.  Ha!  I walked and did sit-ups.  After work, this light YWA was great for a Monday.

Tuesday: Cathe's Cardio Band Blast with Weights + YWA


This is an older Cathe workout - well, a lot of these this week and last week are older (as in 2014) - but it was really good.  Cathe uses a band as a marker on the floor around which to do cardio.  She then transitions to the firewalker band, weights, disks, and then abs.  I didn't get past the weights this morning but I got a great workout!  This YWA was good after work - my hamstrings are still super sore from Sunday!

Wednesday: Cathe's Stability Ball Total Body Weights + walk

I was supposed to do a different Cathe video, but it wouldn't load.  In desperation, I chose this one instead and it ended up being really good - but not quite total body.  Cathe doesn't do much lower body work, except floorwork, in this workout.  That's fine but I like working my legs a bit harder.  At least my arms got another great workout this week!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get steps - and then planked and stretched my poor legs really well. 

Thursday: Cathe's All About Legs + abs

Leg day!  And my hamstrings were still sore from Sunday!  Eek!  This video was good and consisted of different sections that used different equipment.  I got through the HIIT/weight section along with the dixie cup, firewalker band, and a bit of the barre section.  It was a good workout, though I think that lifting heavy weight with a lot of reps is better for building muscle.  But with my sore legs, I liked all the variety this workout provided.  After work, I did a little over 10 minutes of abs, from some of Cathe's workouts that I did this week.

Friday:  REST

I had a conference this day so I had no time to workout, not even to do yoga.  Sigh.

Saturday: Cathe's Boot Camp

Today, I was headed out of time for a night but managed to get a workout in before I left.  This Boot Camp is Cathe's first live workout.  It's a bit messy with the filming, since they were experimenting with angles....  And Cathe does some weird stuff with splitting up the class...  So this was not my favorite.  I got a good workout and enjoyed the boxing....  But I won't do this one again.  After 45 minutes of cardio, I stretched and called it a day.

Sunday:  Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Strength - Fat Blaster

I got home later than expected today and was short on time.  Thus, I only managed 30 minutes of this workout, but I made the most of it and worked hard.  Michelle is so much fun and I love how she uses muscles in different ways than Cathe.  Fun!  I stretched well after this, as my left hamstring was super stiff.  Ugh.

Calorie Counts:

Again, we won't go there.


No comments: