Monday, November 5, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 1

Back from vacation and ready to work hard!  

I've put on hold my subscription to Cathe On Demand, scaling back to Cathe Live only.  There are so many great live workouts since Cathe puts one out a week....I want to try them all!  So, for two months, I'll focus on these to try to get to more of them.  

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Fusion

We got back on Friday night but I felt really bad on Saturday, so I skipped working out.   I felt a bit better on Sunday so I got back to it with cardio.  This workout is mostly straight cardio with a few HIITs thrown in.  I liked it because it was about 40 minutes - perfect for my weekday morning time constraints.  It was a bit of a shock this morning, after over a week of vacation (and no workouts, save walking on the beach)....but not as bad as I expected.  After this 40 minutes, I stretched for quite a while.

Monday: Cathe's Total Body Giant Sets + YWA

I'd done this Cathe Live workout earlier this year, but didn't remember it.  It was unique in that you had three giant sets - upper, lower, and abs.  I skipped all the abs so that I could do all the other giant sets.  And I'm glad I did because the abs looked brutal!  I may have to come back to those.  Ha!  After work, I did this YWA - this year's Halloween yoga from Adriene.  It was a good way to ease back into yoga after a long time off.

Tuesday: Cathe's Kick Butt Boot Camp 

This morning, I felt horrible.  My ickiness is back with a vengeance - and a sore throat on top of it.  I'm about ready to throw in the towel.  Somehow, I managed to do this boot camp.  It was a bit crazy as far as format - Cathe didn't stick to anything firm, except the cardio in each circuit. But there were five circuits that came in under 40 minutes, which is perfect for my mornings.  

Wednesday: Cathe's Strong Upper Body with Core 

I did this workout earlier this month, but had no memory of it.  I swear, my memory is the worst.  This morning, I really liked it.  Cathe takes each muscle group and gives you a 2-4 exercises, which you repeat three times.  My arms could barely get through three sets - especially my chest and triceps.  Ouch!  But what a workout!  Later this day, I realized my cold was in full swing.  There probably won't be many additional workouts this week.

Thursday: YWA + abs

A sick day today.  I managed to do yoga, because my body was sore and I wanted to stretch a bit.  And this one - for mood swings - was perfect.  After that, I decided to go back to Wednesday's workout and do the 10-12 minutes of core work.  That was effective!

Friday: Cathe's Strong and Lean Reps


I still felt awful today but I needed to get up and get ready.  So this workout helped with that.  Since I wasn't anywhere near 100%, it was more difficult than it should have been....but this was already an insanely difficult video.  So many reps and varying rep patterns!  Cathe was trying to torture us!  I had to skip around a bit to fit in all the muscle groups in my allotted time, but it was good.

Saturday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Fat Blaster

My throat was better today!  Not great, but definitely better.  Hallelujah!  And just in time as we had family birthday festivities today.  Due to this, my workout time was cut short - but I got in 35 minutes of Dozois' great CIB.   I love this straight cardio - and I needed it after all the weights this week. For this Cathe Live rotation, I'm going to do a Dozois workout on the weekends.  Just for something different.  I made sure to stretch really well after all the jumping today.

Sunday: Cathe's Cardio Leg Blast with High Step + abs

Time for legs and cardio.  From the title of this workout, I assumed there would be more cardio leg blasts - i.e. jumping lunges, squats, etc.  But this was more strength based - with a cardio component because you worked hard and quick.  So many pulsing lunges and squats, oh my!  I definitely got a good workout!  This lasted for 55 minutes.  I then did some abs from Friday's video....and then stretched.  

Calorie Counts:

We won't go there.  Oy.


No comments: