Monday, November 19, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 3

Another week of Cathe's live workouts! 

It's been fun - and, frankly, frustrating at times - trying some of Cathe's earlier live workouts.  Thankfully, they won't all be that old and hopefully my computer will load them better than last week.  Sigh.

Monday: Cathe's Upper Body with Ball + walk

This workout looked appealing due to it's length - 48 minutes.  And there's 15 minutes worth of abs so that means I can get through all the upper body in my morning workout.  Yes!  And it was a good workout - but Cathe neglected the back and biceps a bit so I added on more of those exercises when she went into ab work.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center to get steps and did my sit-ups.  I fell behind on my steps last week and that really annoys the OCD in me!!

Tuesday: Cathe's Step Express with Blasts + YWA


Cardio day!  I usually stay away from Cathe's step workouts, but decided to give this one a try, since she has few steady-cardio workouts.  And I liked it!  And I mostly got the step combinations!  Ha!  I'd actually like to do this one again because it was fun - and so very different from her HIIT workouts.  This YWA was a great way to end the day, though it was meant to start it.  I needed a stretch and this provided it!

Wednesday: Cathe's Butts and Guts + walk 


I won't lie.  When thinking about getting out of my warm bed to do Butts and Guts....I didn't think I could do it.  But I did and I'm so glad I did!  This was a great leg workout.  And the leg portion was perfect for my mornings - 40 minutes!  I went heavy on weights and really felt it.  I'll save the "guts" portion for another day.  At lunch, I walked and stretched really well.  Hopefully, my legs won't be as sore as last week!

Thursday: Dozois' BodyFit 360 Vol 2: Dance Conditioning + YWA

This morning, I was so exhausted that I cannot tell you how happy this rest day made me.  I thought about forgoing Michelle and doing a YWA instead....but I needed to wake up.  And Michelle definitely woke me up!  I only did 30 minutes - some cardio and then the abs and stretch.  It was so nice!  After work, this YWA helped my sore head and was a great end to the day.

Friday: Cathe's High Reps Total Body Live


Oh, my goodness, I was so tired this morning.  My sleep had been restless all night and I was dreading any movement as I got out of bed.  Somehow, I made it through this workout, but it was not easy - especially since it was high rep.  After about 10-15 reps, I usually had to go down in weight because I was hurting so bad.  I couldn't get through this entire workout but I got through most of it.  

Saturday:  Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix

Today, I was ready for some cardio because, later in the day, my diet was going to blown to bits.  This CIB is my favorite so it was a treat to do it this morning.  I got through four of the five circuits before I had to stop - so 45 minutes!  My heart rate stayed high throughout and I got a ton of steps.  Yes!  After a nice, long stretch, I was done for the day.

Sunday: Cathe's Ripped with HIIT Scrambler with Step Live + abs

I love how Cathe alternates cardio and weights in some of her HIIT workouts - and the Ripped with HIIT series - so I was excited to try this video.   And it was fun!  Cathe did a few too many jacks for my taste - to get into the cardio segments - but that was my only complaint.   After it ended - I added 5 minutes of my own cardio to make it 45 minutes - I did 10 minutes of abs from Butts and Gutts (from Wednesday) and then stretched.  Nice!

Calorie Counts:

Not bad for most of the week and then I blew it on the weekend.


No comments: