Thursday, November 15, 2018

Greta Magnusson

I have a finished project to share with you!




Pattern: Greta Magnusson by Kristen Kapur
Yarn: Madelinetosh Euro Sock in Himiko (purple) and Good Silence (natural with grape splashes)

Needles: US 7
Made for: someone
Time to completion: 1 month and 6 days


This is a gift for a special lady who always sends me hand-knitted gifts.  It's the first time I've had my act together enough to knit for her, for once.

However, this knit gave me some issues and there are some mistakes.  Once I got the hang of the broken brioche, the shawl worked up quickly.  But the brioche took me several tries to master.  Ugh.  So, I hope, as a knitter, the recipient understands.  


This pattern taught me two new techniques - brioche (albeit broken) and the i-cord bind-off.  The latter took forever to do - especially when your patience is running thin at the end of a project....  But it was gorgeous, and well worth the effort!

And now that I've figured out the pattern, I loved knitting this!  The first part - the purple - was so quick to knit in garter stitch.   I hope that I can knit this again, before I forget how the brioche worked.  Ha!  

No comments: