Monday, December 17, 2018

Cathe Live Rotation: Week 7

I started this week off in a different state.  And then I got sick on the way home.  Sigh.  

Despite all that and the upcoming holidays, I'm going to try to keep up with my workouts - to the best of my ability.  


Monday: Cathe's Crush It Low Impact

I did this workout in the hotel room, desperate to fight off some of the calories I was consuming like crazy.  I'd done this video before, in 2017, but had no memory of it. It lasted about 35 minutes and was surprisingly effective for a low impact routine.  I really like it and need to remember it when I'm short on time.  The moves are just so dynamic - your heart rate stays up!

Tuesday: REST DAY

Yay, stupid stomach that hates to travel.  Ugh.

Wednesday: Cathe's Pumped Up Upper Body + walk

Back to the routine today and feeling blessedly better.  Yes!  This workout was perfect for 5:30am - no jumping and minimal sweat...  Perfect for easing back into the real world.  I lifted as heavy as I could and then had to go down on the 2nd and 3rd reps.  Ouch!  I had to shorten this one a bit to fit in all the muscle groups.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.  My abs were so sore yesterday but, thankfully, felt better today.  

Thursday: Cathe's Smokin' Lower Body + walk

So this leg workout really got me!  Why?  Because I used a step for the first time in ages.  Readers, I don't have a step - I have a step-stool.  So, there's a low step and a high one - no in between.  Leg presses are tough and spike my heart rate like nothing else.  This workout had a good variety of exercises - unweighted, dumbells, barbell, step.  Ouch.  I walked at lunch in order to get steps and do some ab work, because my evenings are too busy this week for anything other than necessary holiday prep.

Friday: Cathe's HIIT It, Strike It, Crunch It

I wanted pure cardio this morning so I found this newer Cathe Live workout - and it was great!  The HIIT, right off the bat, was a bit traumatic, but definitely effective.  The kickboxing portion was a lot of fun.  I'm going to try to come back to the abs this weekend so I did my own cardio to fill up my 40 minutes of time this morning.  This video is one that I will have to come back to.

Saturday: Dozois' Peak 10 More Cardio Interval Burn


This morning, I did 45 minutes of this workout before leaving town for the day. I was glad to get it done and glad I could skip at least one circuit.  Ha!  This one is tough but I did pretty well.  My feet started hurting pretty quickly, probably because I did cardio on Friday.   But this CIB is super effective and left me huffing and puffing.

Sunday: Cathe's Super Cuts with Cardio Blasts + abs

This workout was crammed into the day, which meant I could only go for about 30 minutes.  I wish there were more cardio blasts in this one, to keep the heart rate up, but, otherwise, I like it.  Cathe certainly knows how to work all your muscles, non-stop.  After 30 minutes, I did 4-5 minutes of abs and then stretched.  My hamstrings were a bit sore so I tried to stretch them well.

Calorie Counts:

Newp.

No comments: