Monday, January 14, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 2

I'm ready for a "normal" week.  

Thankfully, Yoga with Adriene's Dedicate series continues.  It's really helping me stretch...and it's contributing to how sore my body is.  Oy.

Monday: Cathe's 2018 Glassboro Road Trip Upper Body and Core + walk + YWA

Considering how sore my legs were, I was happy to do upper body today.  But....that only made my arms sore.  There's just no winning today!  This was a really good workout - fast-paced and effective.  And it fit perfectly into my morning, allowing me finish all the upper body work and get in some abs, as well.  At lunch, I walked, despite my soreness.  After work, this YWA really fired up my core.  

Tuesday: Cathe's Afterburn + YWA

Cardio time this morning!  Thankfully, low impact because I was super tired. I haven't done Afterburn in quite a while so it was a nice change.  My only complaint about it: so much is done in plank, which means fewer steps.  And so I changed some of it up to get more steps and keep my heart rate up (mountain climbers do nothing for my heart rate).   At the end of a long day, this YWA heated up my body with a lot of flow!

Wednesday: Cathe's Fit Legs + walk + YWA

I was not looking forward to leg day - as my legs aren't having much time to recover these days, with two leg workouts a week.  I knew it would be brutal and it was.  Fit Legs moves fast and you use heavy weight.  As a result, my heart was pumping and I was sweating like crazy.  Cathe sure knows how to make your lower body jelly!  At lunch, I walked, to get steps and loosen up.  After work, this meditative practice was a relief for my sore, sore body.

Thursday: YWA + YWA

Today's YWA: Dedicate practice was a nice combination of stretch and flow.  My legs were still sore so holding a warrior position was torture...but I managed.  As always, this rest day came just in time.  This week has been a challenge and I was ready for a break.  I bought the downloadable version of Dedicate and was, therefore, able to do an additional practice after work.  I may miss one over the weekend and wanted to get ahead.  This one, Expand, may be my favorite so far!

Friday: Cathe's Compound Giant Sets - Light Weights 

A new-to-me Cathe Live workout!  This one took 7 compound exercises which are repeated in 4 sets.  It's short and sweet and, though it may sound repetitive, I loved that I knew what to expect and had no surprises.  At the end of the weighted sets, Cathe leads you through a short standing core section - and then planks.  I loved the length of this one - perfect for the mornings and it kept my heart rate sufficiently elevated.   As predicted, I had no time for a YWA today.

Saturday: Cathe's STS Ply Legs + YWA

My second leg day of the week....  I don't mind these STS Plyo Leg workouts because they're effective yet not too stressful.  Cathe goes slow on the weighted sections, meaning I can get pretty low in my lunges and squats.  I like that.  But my legs were burning by the end.  I cut out one section, ending at 45 minutes.  I then stretched and went on to my YWA for the day.  It was good - and made my poor legs work again.

Sunday: Cathe's XTrain: Tabatacise + abs + YWA

Wow, my legs were super sore from yesterday.  Oy.  This workout was painful when the moves required extra from the legs.  But I made it through.  It's tough but I like that it's a challenge and doesn't have too much of dread factor for me.  After that 45 minutes, I did 10 minutes of abs and then stretched.  And at the end of all that, this YWA was wonderful - not too difficult and extra stretchy.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1197
Tuesday - 1389
Wednesday - 1169
Thursday - 1144
Friday - 1268
Saturday - 1187
Sunday - 1297

I was a little disheartened when I got on the scale on Sunday.  I had gone down 0.8 pounds.  Yikes.  At this rate, this is going to take longer than I'd hoped.

No comments: