Monday, February 18, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 7

Only two more weeks!

It's been great seeing the scale inch downward the last few weeks.  It definitely keeps me motivated to work hard - and keep working!

Monday: Cathe's Afterburn + YWA


It's really tough getting up and doing cardio on Monday mornings - but at least I slept better than most Sunday nights!  Afterburn is such a good workout - but the floorwork (push-ups etc) really gets me.  I did more standing work in place of it in order to get steps and keep my heart rate up.  Push-ups do nothing for my heart rate.  Ugh.  After work, I chose this YWA because I needed calm after a horrible commute.

Tuesday:  Cathe's High Reps + walk 

For upper body weights today, I did all the upper body work in High Reps.  And boy, was it painful.  This workout is named appropriately - Cathe leads you through many, many repetitions of exercises.  I had to go down in weights quite frequently.  At lunch, I walked at the rec and then did my sit-ups.  Traffic and other stuff around the house kept me from getting on to the yoga mat.

Wednesday: Cathe's Rapid Fire Legs and Core + walk + YWA

Leg day!  I was a bit scared of legs today.  I was tired.  But I got into this workout and then just kept going.  It was tough but not impossible.  Cathe used a lot of reps to really tire out your legs.  At lunch, I walked outside to get some fresh air since the day was nice.  We've had so much rain, it was lovely to see the sun!  After work, this YWA was a great way to relax and stretch.

Thursday: YWA + Cathe's XTrain Core 1


This morning was my last rest day before vacation.  Next week, I'll power through until we leave on the weekend.  I really wanted to enjoy this morning so I chose to do one of Adriene's videos - of course.  This one was lovely - and a good way to start the day.  Then, I broke a serious sweat doing Cathe's ab workout.  Wowza.  

Friday: Cathe's ICE: Metabolic Total Body

Though ICE is Cathe's intermediate series, this workout makes you work.  I was sweating and panting.  Ha!  Cathe uses compound exercises and medium weights to really get your heat pumping in this workout.  I enjoy it but it always surprises me with its intensity.  I did a lot of walking around campus later in the day, but no other workouts.

Saturday: Cathe's Repping It In Rounds + Nordin's Butt Bible 3

I was dreading today.  Butt Bible 3 is 40 minutes torture.  But, first, Cathe's workout was alright.  It's more of a bootcamp style - cardio move, upper, lower, abs.  I didn't love it.  I did 20 minutes of it and then moved on to the Butt Bible.  Once in this workout, it's easy to focus on the reps and the pain and forget about time.  That's little consolation, but it is something.  After that, I stretched really well.

Sunday: Cathe's Crossfire + XTrain Core 2

Crossfire may be the only Cathe workout that I actually hate.  Ha!  It's tough and not at all enjoyable for me.  For the circuits that alternated weights and cardio, I did cardio instead of weights, wanting steps.  I do so many weights as it is, I get tired of incorporating them into every thing.  After that 40 minutes, I did my abs - pure torture - and then stretched.  I'm glad this weekend of workouts is done. 

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1197
Tuesday - 1193
Wednesday - 1174
Thursday - 1258
Friday - 1224
Saturday -1197
Sunday - 1208

When I weighted on Sunday, I was done almost two pounds since last weekend.  Amazing!  It's so good to know that if I work hard and eat a little bit, I can lose weight.  Take that, stupid thyroid!


No comments: