Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 1 of 2019: Week 8

One week until we leave - and actually only 6 days.  Wow!


I'm so glad my weight has dropped.  It's not as much as I would have hoped for, but I'll take it.  Now to get a solid last week of workouts in before we leave....

Monday: Cathe's ICE: Low Impact Sweat + YWA


I wanted low impact today because my legs were so sore from Saturday.  Still.  I haven't done this ICE workout very many times and I should do it more often - it's fun!  My heart rate wasn't super high but it was high enough.  And this workout contains some different moves that are fun!  After a long day of work - and a lot of walking around campus - this YWA was a great way to unwind and stretch.  My legs appreciated it.

Tuesday: Cathe's ICE: Muscle Meltdowns + walk + YWA

This morning, I combined all of the Muscle Meltdowns from Cathe's ICE series to form a great upper body workout.  All exercises were done in 12 reps and you repeated every exercise 3 times.  I had to shorten most of the Meltdowns but still got a great workout!  At lunch, I walked in the rain to the rec center to walk inside.  Go, me!  I also did some ab work.  In the evening, I didn't have tons of time, but I managed this shorter YWA.

Wednesday: Cathe's Gym Style: Legs + walk + XTrain Core 1

I was so exhausted this morning - after a horribly restless night - that a leg workout seemed impossible.  Somehow, I made it through this very painful video.  Ouuuch!  Cathe knows how to make you burn!  At lunch, I didn't have the energy for the rec center so I walked outside in the sunshine.  In the evening, this ab workout seriously made me work - as usual.  And I broke a sweat.  Good grief!

Thursday: Cathe's Rockout Knockout


More cardio, in final countdown mode for the cruise!  I honestly don't remember doing this workout before - but surely I have.  It was fun and I wish I could have done more of it.  The cardio portion really spiked my heart rate and the punch/kick combos were fun.  This is one I will definitely have to do again.

Friday: Cathe's Strong and Sweaty: PHA Training 

Today was my metabolic workout day.  I wasn't looking forward to it but I was looking forward to one more total body workout before the cruise.  This one made me work - and sweat.  I didn't use a step since I'll have to hit my legs really hard tomorrow.  I wanted them to be able to do Butt Bible instead of this step work today.  But I still got a great workout and enjoyed it.

Saturday: Cathe's Tabatacise + Nordin's Butt Bible 3 + Xtrain Core 2 + YWA

A marathon day, right before leaving for vacation on Sunday.  I did 20 minutes of Cathe's Tabatacise - always a great workout.  Then, on to the torture session that is Butt Bible 3.  That lasted for 40 minutes.  I was cognizant enough afterward, to keep going, pressing 'play' on Cathe's XTrain core video.  Ouch.  To reward myself, I tuned into Adriene's stretching video.  Ahhhh...

No comments: