Monday, March 25, 2019

Cathe Metabolic 2 of 2019: Week 3

Medical news last week sent me into a tailspin that I'm still reeling from.  Add to that the fact that we're having our downstairs carpet pulled up and replaced with tile this week.  

And now, due to the stress, I may be coming down with a cold.  This week will be a challenge, in every way.  Wish me luck.

Monday: Cathe's Shock Circuit

This morning, I said good-bye to our carpet by working out on it for the first time ever.  Ha!  It was great fun - and it helped my poor feet.  This workout was a lot of fun - and very fast moving, which kept my heart rate nice and high.  I used 8 and 9 pound weights.  Because of a lunch meeting, I had no additional workout, but I sure walked around campus a lot!

Tuesday: Cathe's Fit Split Low Impact Cardio + Mixed Impact Cardio

Due to our downstairs being a disaster area, I had to do my cardio upstairs today.  So, I kept it low impact, doing the first halves of both of these workouts.  They're really good and I should do them in their entirety sometime.  And I was amazed at how high my heart rate stayed throughout these workouts.  I was glad - I need to burn every calorie possible this week!

Wednesday: Cathe's XTrain: Legs + walk


My body can't decide if I have a cold or not.  But I made it through this workout.....  It's definitely not the hardest of Cathe's leg workouts, but some of the moves are extremely tough.  And the floor work is torture.  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did abs.  YWA will not happen this week as there's something fun - like cleaning - to do every night.  I can't wait for this flooring thing to be over with!

Thursday: Cathe's Flex Train

Since I missed a workout last week, I'm trying to not have a rest day this week.  This is getting more difficult as my cold progresses but I'm going to try to stay the course.  This workout, at least, required no jumping.  It's always more difficult than I anticipate, though.  My only complaint is that I wish my heart rate stayed higher.

Friday: Cathe's Shredded Upper Body with Ball

I woke up - after not sleeping much at all - and could barely move.  I feel like I've been hit by a freight train - or two.  Thankfully, upper body work is more doable than other workouts. I got through this one - with no ball - and really felt it in my shoulders and back.  Cathe's live workouts are so much fun!  I should have walked at lunch today....but I listened to my body instead (which was in a state of pure, defeated exhaustion) and knitted instead.

Saturday: Cathe's RWH: Lift It HIIT It Legs + Nordin's Butt Bible 1

This week has been a very, very traumatic one, but at least I've kept up with my main workouts.  And I felt a bit better this morning, after some much-needed sleep.  Today it was time for my second leg day.  Lift It HIIT Legs is fun - and alternates weights and cardio.  My heart rate always stays high....and my legs always ache afterward.  Today, I followed it up with Butt Bible, level 1, which is, thankfully, only 20 minutes long.  So, a long workout, but a great one. 

Sunday: Dozois' Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn Remix + Cathe's Ab Circuits

Time for straight cardio this morning.  I was feeling better so I decided to tackle this CIB.  I took the first peak move a bit easy and then I felt good to go.  This one is so much fun!  I did 45 minutes - not doing the last circuit - because all the jumping really takes a toll on my feet.  I then did ten minutes of Cathe's Ab Circuits.  Ouch!  Finally, a stretch.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1633
Tuesday - 1543
Wednesday - 1128
Thursday - 1088
Friday - 1626
Saturday - 1141
Sunday - 1213

There were some mediocre days this week due to work obligations but otherwise, I tried to do well.  


No comments: