Friday, September 21, 2012

At Last: Vacation!

Tomorrow, we leave for our second trip to Rocky Mountain National Park.  The last time we were there, Mr. Higgins proposed.  Naturally, we have very fond memories of the place!  Ha!

This trip couldn't come at a better time.  We're exhausted - mentally and physically.  While everyone went away this summer, we stayed put, saving our vacation time for when we knew we'd need it most.  Our last vacation was in April.

As you probably know, I got a new boss this summer.  The transition, for me, has been anything but smooth.  The search for this new boss was a political nightmare in my department.  I was not involved in the search, but no one was more affected by it.  I wish.....well, I wish some things had gone differently, let's say.

And let me say this.  Never have I been more motivated to work on my own writing, in the hopes of finally getting something published....in the hopes of moving on.  Mr. Higgins is completely supportive of this.  I just need to make time, every single day, to work on my own writing.  That's easier said than done.  

For now, I'm going to focus on vacation and relaxation.  Mr. Higgins hopes to do some hiking.  I hope to survive said hiking.  And I think I'll take my knitting along, just in case I have time to work on it.  We have booked a cabin that overlooks a small river.  I cannot wait to sit on the porch, listen to the water, and watch the trees and mountains.  Heaven!

No comments: