Friday, March 8, 2013

Filling in the Gaps

Recently, I took a day and devoted it to my writing.  

Every since I did NaNoWriMo a few years ago (or more - eek!), I've had some holes in my novel.  You see, for NaNoWriMo, I worked on part two of my novel.....after having not quite finished part one.  This may not have been the best of strategies but it got me a lot of good written material, so I'm not complaining. 

I've obviously worked on the novel since then.  But I still had holes.  Over the past year, I've worked on filling those gaps and, as of this week, they're done.  Yay!!

Now comes the hard part: the conclusion.  

Ironically, for someone so OCD and organized as myself, I rarely follow an outline when writing.  I usually begin with one but the characters have a say in the story....and they take me on tangents I cannot anticipate.  It's great when it happens.....not so great when I forget the outline. With the best of intentions, I'm working on an outline for the conclusion.  

I have to get this done.  I have the name of an agent who will look at it.  I have to finish.  I have to!

No comments: