Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Engaged!


This is the spot in Rocky Mountain National Park where Mr. Higgins proposed to me last Wednesday. I can't remember his exact words but he asked the actual question twice - and I said 'yes' twice!

He caught me completely off guard. We stopped - after over an hour of hiking - to rest and have a snack at Dream Lake. The weather was perfect: snow that had fallen a few days prior was melting and the sun was stunningly bright. We both had layers of clothes on to shed throughout the day as the temperatures warmed. My nose was red from the cold and it was running; I was starving; it was my first real hike in a major national park and I was exhilarated and overwhelmed. Mr. Higgins wanted me in a picture and after a few shots, he came up and the next thing I knew, he was down on one knee!

I wanted to wait until a Wednesday to announce the engagement as it's a monumental week for Mr. Higgins and me. Our 40th Wednesday together and also our 9-month anniversary! Now, we've been engaged for a week!

Back to trip pictures tomorrow....

2 comments:

the secret knitter said...

Talk about burying the lead!

Congratulations!

Mischief Maker said...

I have sent you an email via Facebook. At work at the moment so I don't have your direct email. So so so happy for you.