Friday, October 29, 2010

Three Lakes


On the Wednesday of our week in Colorado (our traditional date night!), we took off on a hike through Rocky Mountain National Park. I've done very little hiking but I was comforted by the fact that hiking is really just walking - up and down hills, through trees and over rocks. Ha! The first lake we came to was Bear Lake, which I've already shown you. The second lake was Nymph Lake, above, which is usually covered with lily pads in the summer.


The third lake was our fateful stop, Dream Lake.


And our last stop was Emerald Lake, at the base of Hallett Peak and Flattop Mountain. The wind made it quite chilly here but we still took time to sit and absorb the magnificent scenery...and watch chipmunks scurry amidst the rocks.

Thus ended my first real hike. I went up single and came down engaged! If every hike ended like that, I'd be more willing to go! Ha! No, no. I really enjoyed it and I look forward to doing it again!

No comments: