Friday, October 22, 2010

Youth

Another slight interruption in the trip pics...

Twenty-nine years ago today (around noon), my mother gave birth to a big (8lbs 10oz) baby girl. Yep, that was me. It was a difficult pregnancy and the only one my mom would ever have.

Now, I'm facing the last year of my 20s. Unbelievable! We just had our ten year high school reunion (not that I went). Time is flying by.

Recently, when talking with my dad on his birthday, he said (something to the effect) that "you never think of yourself as old. You're always the same young kid in your mind. You still think you can do anything....but your body says otherwise."

I still feel like I'm the young Doniamarie, the idealistic tomboy who slowly fell more in love with books than her bicycle. The Doniamarie who would spend hours swimming (never sun-bathing - ew!), roller-skating, and dancing. I hope that never changes.

No comments: