Thursday, May 19, 2011

All in a Name....

My project for next month is a daunting one: changing my name.

I had never really given it much thought seeing as how I never really thought I'd ever get married. There was a mental block there, for some reason. When I was in the wedding planning process, I printed off a checklist, of sorts, on how to get it all done. Then I put it out of my mind until someone brought it up during the wedding festivities.

The first time I wrote my new name was on the place card for our reception at home on Saturday. It felt weird. I'd never written it before! Now I'm wishing I'd been one of those girlie girls who sat around doodling, writing my new name over and over again. I need practice, after all!

But how am I going to break the habit of writing the name I've had for almost thirty years? I only know myself by that name. Talk about an identity crisis!

At least my new name is a good name. It's not weird or long or hard to pronounce, like my given name. And I like it. I'll adapt, I'm sure, though it will take a while.

Off to doodle now....

1 comment:

the secret knitter said...

Belated congratulations on the wedding!