Monday, May 23, 2011

Biking on Jekyll


On the Friday before the wedding, my two girlfriends and I ventured out on our tour of Jekyll Island - on bikes. It turned out to be a great day - one away from wedding planning and pressure...just what I needed!


It was so much fun getting on a bike again! I felt like a kid again! Of course, I wore long sleeves and tons of sunscreen to prevent any unattractive red lines in my wedding dress!


The trails took us beneath towering oaks filled with Spanish moss....


...and to the beach: Driftwood Beach. This was a really neat place: a beach littered with old oaks.


Here, you can see the pier and then, further in the distance, the bridge to Brunswick. Driftwood Beach was definitely a sight to see and very unique!

I had so much fun with my two girlfriends this day! I'll treasure these memories for years to come! And I can't wait to get back to Jekyll to bike around the other half of the island! The girls and I did half the island which ended up being 8 miles. And it was great!

No comments: