Monday, February 20, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week Seven

Week seven, here we go!  

I'm feeling better about my weight, though I haven't weighed.  But you know how it is - you feel right.  And, when jumping around during workouts, your belly doesn't jiggle anymore.  Ha!


Monday: Jari's Get Extremely Ripped! 1000 Hardcore + short walk + YWA

My weight schedule is messed up this week, so weights on Monday and Wednesday.  Jari's workout is definitely tough - the weights and the cardio seem never-ending when you're in the middle of them.  But I got through it.  At lunch, I took a 15-minute walk outside, needing to get away from the office.  In the evening, I did this 19-minute YWA, all about the revolved side angle pose.  Dang, my legs were burning!  

Tuesday: Les Mills' Combat #61 + BodyAttack #92 + walk

Valentine's Day and nothing was going right, straight out of bed.  But I got into this Combat and it was good!  And challenging!  Lots of lunges.  Dang!  After that finished, I tuned into a bit of BodyAttack.  The instructors in these seem to move so fast that I feel like I can't keep up.  So it's a great workout!  At lunch, I walked at the rec center and did some ab work.  I love productive lunches!

Wednesday: Les Mills' Sh'Bam #16 and 14 + walk + Les Mills' BodyFlow #70

I wasn't feeling great this morning...so it was a good thing that Sh'Bam was on the agenda.  It's so much fun!  I vaguely remembered some of these routines from last time so that was good.  At lunch, I walked outside for about 20 minutes.   I'd meant to do weights, but wasn't feeling up to it (which is saying something, for me).  In the evening, I decided to do a bit of Flow, instead of YWA, since my Les Mills subscription will soon run out.

Thursday: Les Mills' Grit #14 + Trainer Pass cardio + walk

As usual, I was dreading this Grit...but it wasn't too bad, all things considered.  I skipped most of the floor work in favor of additional standing cardio.  After that finished up, I tuned into Trainer Pass for some additional cardio to finish off my morning.  It was alright.  I'm still on the fence with that website. At lunch, I walked outside for 25 minutes.  A lovely day!

Friday: Les Mills' BodyFlow #71 + weights + YWA

Today was a good day.  Friday!  I did 40ish minutes of Flow - which was nicely 55 minutes long.   It stared with Tai Chi, which was different - but good!  At lunch, I got to the rec center to do weights.  I hate weights.  But at least it got done for the week.  Then, after work and a medical test, I did 30 minutes of Adriene's gentle yoga.  It was nice but I was feeling it in my arms after weights.  

Saturday: Les Mills' Combat #66 + BodyAttack #91 + YWA

At this point in an 8-week Challenge, workouts start to get a bit boring - such as Combat 60 and Combat 60 Live.  So for the next two weeks, I'll do a 55-minute streaming Combat instead.  Today it was #66 - and it was good.  Very fun and not easy.  Ha!  After that 50 minutes (of cardio), I tuned into an Attack, which is guaranteed to spike my heart rate.  Whew!  I did #91 for 25 minutes and could hardly stand by the end.  I stretched and did a short YWA.  

Sunday:  The Gymbox Extreme Cardio + Legs and Shoulders + weights + YWA

I needed something different today.  One of my ankles was hurting a bit so I didn't want to go too hard for too long.  I decided to try one of Kaycee's cardio workouts on The Gymbox.  It ran for 45 minutes and spiked my heart rate with some new and different - and not crazy - moves.  It was good!  After that, I did a 25 minute weight class with Dana, focusing on legs and shoulders.  Holy cow, my legs were aching!  Then, some stretching and some work with the 12-pound weights.  And, finally, a short YWA.  

Calorie Counts:

Monday - 1172
Tuesday - bad
Wednesday - 1218
Thursday - bad
Friday - 1162
Saturday - 1668
Sunday - 1260

Ugh.  Not a great week.  Valentine's Day led to too many calories....and eating out with a friend on Thursday meant even more unexpected calories.  I have to do better.

No comments: