Monday, February 13, 2017

Combat Challenge #4: Week Six

I can't believe I'm entering into week six of this Combat Challenge!  Time flies when you're having fun and sweating way too much!  Ha!

It's been fun, this past week, to discover what The Gymbox has to offer as far as streaming workouts.  They have tons of workouts, of all types.  So far, I've liked what I've done.  

Also new this week, starting on Tuesday: a 30-Day Squat Challenge!  Come do it with me!  Let's all squat till our bums burn!  

Monday: Les Mills' Grit #12 + BodyAttack #91 + The Gymbox's Cardio Dance + YWA

I was not feeling well this morning but by the evening, I was ready to burn some serious calories after splurging on bad food all weekend.  To start off, I did a newer Grit - crazy tough but definitely effective.  My heart rate was crazy high!  Then, BodyAttack, which is pure aerobic exercise that never stops.  After that 45 minutes, I wanted more - but something lighter.  So I tried a dance workout on Gymbox - and really liked it.  It was the right impact - mainly low with some high impact stuff, but not too much.  I did 35 minutes of that 60-minute workout.  Whew.  And I wasn't done - I did a lovely YWA, focusing on the liver.  Talk about a great workout day!

Tuesday: Jari Love's Get Extremely Ripped 1000 + walk + YWA


It had been awhile since I'd touched a Jari workout so this was a nice change today.  And Ripped 1000 is fun - it alternates cardio and strength so you don't feel overwhelmed by either one.  At lunch, I walked outside for 25 minutes.  Another 80 degree day in February here in Texas!  After work, I did this 19-minute YWA flow....very nice.  It heated up my body and allowed me to let the day go.  Ha!  

Wednesday:  Les Mills' Sh'Bam #17 + walk + YWA

Nothing to dread this morning because it's Sh'Bam day!  I remembered parts of this Sh'Bam....but not all because I did the new 45-minute edition this morning.  So nice!  I couldn't do the entire thing but I got through 35-40 minutes of it before stretching.  At lunch, I walked outside again - it was just too nice to pass up.  Cooler today and lovely!  I was super sore today so I did Adriene's yoga for a sore body.  It was good!  

Thursday:  Les Mills' Combat #62 + The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio + weights + YWA


Combat today!  Number 62 was a fun routine. All those punches really got my heart rate up.  Whew!  After that 25 minutes, I tuned into one of Ashli's workouts on Gymbox.  It consisted of intervals that ended with a plyometric move, meant to spike your heart rate.  Mine wasn't quite spiking but it was a good workout.  At lunch, I forced myself to the rec to do weights. They weren't nearly as painful as last week, thank goodness!

Friday: Les Mills' BodyFlow #72 + walk

Yay, my light day: Friday!  I switched things up today with some yoga from Les Mills.  There's definitely no emphasis on meditation with Les Mills, but you get a good workout!  At lunch, I walked for about 20 minutes outside.  

Saturday: Cathe's Cardio Core Circuit + The Gymbox's Extreme Cardio with weights + YWA

I was really dreading Cathe's workout.....  But I got through it.  I was impressed with my fitness level: some circuits that used to really challenge me seemed a lot more doable today.  Cool!  After that 45 minutes, I tuned into one of Michelle's (not Dozois) workout on The Gymbox - it has cardio and weights.  Pretty good with circuits alternating a cardio move and a weighted move.  That lasted for 30 minutes.  I then did Adriene's 25-minute gentle yoga practice.  Nice!

Sunday:  Les Mills' Combat 60 Live - Extreme Cardio Fighter + The Gymbox's Cardio Dance + yoga

So I was a bit tired today.  I did all of Combat 60 - which amounts to 45 minutes of cardio.  I then tuned into Jenny's dance workout on GB.  It was a good - a bit complicated but easy to learn with repetition.  I did 20 minutes of that and then went back to Flow #72 from Friday and did the opening 7-minute sequence of sun salutations and dragon flow.  Love it!  And, finally, a stretch and abs.

Calorie Counts:

Monday - BAD
Tuesday - 1170
Wednesday - 1182
Thursday - 1147
Friday - 1194
Saturday - a bit bad
Sunday - 1330

I probably ate around 1600 calories on Saturday but I really enjoyed it.  Fajitas with my BFF at one of our favorite places.  And that's what you have to balance while on a strict diet - not depriving yourself of experiences because you're worried about a few calories.  That being said, I didn't weight this week after all the bad food last weekend.


No comments: